Improve your capacity to assist others cultures and communities in a disaster. The training format includes exercises to work on with other participants and will also include short videos.
· To understand what culture is and be able to communicate your own culture
· To recognize the importance of cultural competence in emergency situations
· To identify implicit bias
· To understand cultural humility
· To identify ways to learn more about other cultures
Disaster Volunteers, Emergency Management professionals, Medical professionals, First Responders, Behavioral Health.
** Must bring ID **
NO Cost and NO Recommended Pre-requisites For This Course
Course Overview: Healthcare Operations – Decontamination (HCO-D) provides healthcare workers with an improved capability to respond to Haz -Mat events or receive patients in a safe and competent manner, within the typical limited response resources and receiver capabilities at the “Operations” level.
· Recognize what hazardous materials are; the problems they pose; the risks and outcomes HazMat in healthcare present and recognize a HazMat event through basic clues: warning signs, placards, labels, shipping papers and SDSs.
· Describe basic first receiver actions, citing need for safety, isolating/denying entry, and making required notifications to begin a safe and effective response to a HazMat incident.
· Describe the health effects hazardous materials present to the first receivers’ life safety and demonstrate the ability to direct self-decontamination and full medical decontamination of victims while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
Target Audience: Hospital security, environmental/facilities staff/plant operations, emergency department
staff, hospital trainers, hospital-based first responders, BLS/ALS providers or anyone that may respond to a hazardous materials incident.
Pre-requisites: Contact Us
GET IN TOUCH
Call us at (951) 358 - 7100 or CONTACT US
Follow RivCoEMD on Twitter and Periscope with other social media coming soon!