The certification level appropriate for you should be determined by the role that you may perform in the Department Operations Center (DOC) in the event of a disaster. The level of training needed is determined by your job title. Please download the chart of job titles to determine your certification level or contact us at EMDTraining@rivco.org.
- The Basic Level can be completed in an 8-hour Combined Course. Please check the training calendar or contact us EMDTraining@rivco.org for the next Combined Course date.
- If you cannot take the combined course, the Basic Level can be achieved taking the following:
- Basic and intermediate level courses
- ICS-300 (Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents for Operational First Responders)*
- ICS-400 (Advanced ICS for Command and General Staff, Complex Incidents, and MACS)*
- IS 800 – (National Response Plan (NRP)
- Elective course in management (one course in any management subject from an emergency management training provider or university)
* In-person courses